Sunday, November 21, 2010

Festival of Trees: Final Product

As I knew it would, the tree came together. Thanks a million to my wonderful mom, Tammy, for suggesting that we enter, helping with (and laughing at) the crafts, and setting everything up. We had an absolute blast! See the transformation below. First you will see the massive tree they gave us. On a platform and everything. The lady in charge said, "Since you are a professional yours is on a stand." Professional? We use that term very lightly. Actually, we don't use that term at all.
I ended up finding these really cute "Main Street" style ceramic buildings for around $1 each. They were painted the most gawd-awful colors (you can only imagine), so I puff-canned 'em silver and wrote on them with a red Sharpie. Easy enough...
Then I also found a beautiful angel for only $1. You can guess what I did to her (ART, remember?) I also dusted glitter on her to make her shine!
The black squirrels hung from ribbon and actually looked pretty cute:
 And, I cut down some of my zebra grass from the back yard and, well, you know spray painted them...
I found a few other angels and put them all up at the top so they could be together.
Below you will see the final product. Oh, and the exhausted "designer"
A little tired after a 9 hour work day a 15 minute dinner break and 3 hours of "professional" tree decorating. Professional. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment