Saturday, November 27, 2010

5, 6 Pick up Sticks...

Christmas Crafts! I found a very unique Christmas tree at my favorite, Z Gallerie. However, this tree came with no messy pine needles nor did it require much space for display. Although it did come with a price tag of $69.95...for this:
For sticks? I don't think so. Thanks to my ample supply of sticks and spray paint - I went ahead and made my own. First step: Find some twigs that look like they can support ornaments:

Second - tie the sticks together so they form the "tree" and spray paint with a metallic color. I went with gold as my theme this year is all green and gold. 
Then you will want to arrange them in a flower pot, fill the pot with rocks so that the sticks wont move and hang your favorite ornaments from your new decor piece. It has a little Charlie Brown appeal, doesn't it?



 This new piece adorns the top of my media cabinet and really adds some height to the room. He looked a little lonely up there so I found an old, colorful snowman and Santa and shot them with a coat of gold spray paint. Now they look like the best of friends. I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment