Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Phase 1 of the Garage

This post is not very exciting at all. However, I wanted to start documenting the process of building our 24'x24' garage. So you can see the transformation, I have been taking pictures like a mad woman. I am so excited to get the snowboards, wakeboards, pedal bikes and all the other items that belong in a garage out of the house! One of these days the project will be done. Worst case scenario, it will be done April of 2011. That is when my permit expires. :-) I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be done before it snows!
Above is the back yard just after it was staked out for the cement slab and the footings.
Then they dug it out, leveled it and put the frames around where the cement was to be poured.
Then they poured the cement! You can see where the 2 car garage door is going to be (right) and the little dip on the left will be a door for us to walk in and out of. Aww! I am also excited for all of the privacy it is going to offer. We will no longer have to look out our backyard and see that house. So exciting. The cement was poured about 1 month ago. While waiting for the builder (my busy father) we are making use of the large cement patio/garage floor:
A little FAW gathering (Friday after work) celebrating a long week with a little "Pong."

No comments:

Post a Comment