Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bathroom Picture

My lonely little bathroom had nothing hanging on the walls. The walls are painted a cement shade of gray, which I love against the white woodwork, tub, sink etc. The shower curtain I picked out is mostly white with a few large poppy-style flowers at the bottom in shades of gray, taupe and grassy green. When I came across leaf-cutout place mats in the clearance isle at Pottery Barn, I knew I could make something happen with those. So I purchased them, then went to a thrift store and found a frame large enough for one of the leafs. Below you will see the transformation.

Ugly frame with ugly, matted poster and ugly set of shelves. I removed the hilarious house picture (obviously) and painted the frame white. It has the cutest little flowers etched in the wood and looks adorable now. I also found some light blue (splash of some extra color) backing for the leaf and started working some magic. The little set of shelves turned out quite cute after a fresh set of white paint and some minor repairs. However, it did not fit in my tiny, little powder room so we ended up filling it with Scentsy stuff (warmers and scented waxes) and donating it as a silent auction item to the Relay for Life. Below is the final piece:
Clean, simple with a total cost of about $6. Exactly what I was going for. One happy blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment