Sunday, September 19, 2010

5 Star Guest Room

What better to do with an extra room than transform it into a guest room? I am sure that guests who have a free place to stay wont be choosy, but my goal for this room was to steer clear of the boring guest room that is a hodge-podge of extra things around the house. I wanted this to feel more like a high end, boutique style hotel room, so my guests have the 5 star experience (in a 1,200 square foot house that is a bit of an oxymoron). Nonetheless I was going for something like this:

Now that you have an idea of my inspiration, let me warn you that the space I am working with is very small. It didn't appear to be until I got the queen size bed in the room and realized I need to be frugal with my design. Here is what we were working with:
There is one of those pesky snowboards that belongs in the soon-to-be garage. I had the dresser and nightstnd left over from college, so wanted to make sure to reuse them and add some spice to the room with the bedding and artwork. I painted the right wall a charcoal gray and added charcoal curtians on the window seen and the window on the left side (not pictured). I found a chic headboard and some bedding to add a punch to the room and so far I have this:
It is still a work in progress, but is coming together nicely. I just ordered 2 Picasso prints to have framed on the charcoal wall.

I am also on a quest for a shelving unit for the right side of the bed. Once finished I will re-blog the final space. Hopefully by then I will have a new camera to take high end/boutique style photos! :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love it!! Where did you find all the accessories and stuff- We are doing our guest room, but it will look not look as cute as this! :)

    ReplyDelete