Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prep for the Vogue Halloween Party

Last year we did a Barbie theme halloween party, this year we went with a Vogue theme. The man and I are hosting the party as Billy Idol and Madonna. So, I had a little fun in creating the invite. See below:
As I am sure you could probably guess, we don't just go purchase an outfit that comes in a bag...where is the fun in that? So, I figured you may want to see the costume in progress. Mamo (grandma) is wonderful and sewed my "Like A Virgin" Madonna dress (pictures to come) from a pattern and material I found at the fabric store. Then I took the liberty to create Billy and accessorize Madonna.

I am working on the hair bow/mini vail, the infamous "boy toy" belt and where the heck do you find white pumps? You don't, but you can spray paint a black pair. Ingenuity. :-)


 
Stay tuned for the the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment